A Unique Philosophy and Approach to Dining
We understand the human desire for favorite foods and the physiological need for nutrition and hydration. It’s an important part of our social being and daily life. We have worked to design a philosophy and approach to dining that is able to adjust throughout the day to meet the many differing needs of each resident.
Why Did We Create Compassionate Cuisine?
Dementia and its associated conditions can create a unique set of challenges to a successful daily dining experience. Not all foods are tolerated and tastes change. Perhaps, being able to sit for three complete meals is no longer a realistic expectation. We understand the need to be flexible and that’s why we have created our Compassionate Cuisine experience.
How do we achieve this dining experience?
- We understand that the interests, abilities, and needs of each resident are constantly changing and our dining techniques must realistically address these changes.
- We provide chef created meals that are inspired by each resident and their preferences.
- A calm dining atmosphere that promotes concentration.
- Adaptive utensils to assist with dexterity issues.
- A commitment to serve and present many needed diet modifications with dignity.